Therapeutic Practitioner Advanced Course
The Therapeutic Practitioner Advanced Course builds on the fundamentals of the Foundation Course. Foster Carers gain skills and knowledge to gain a range of therapeutic approaches that can be practically applied within their individual placement.
One day per month strategy training over 12-month period.
What is included?
- Training manual.
- LifetrainUK certificate.
- AQA Accreditation through Unit Awards.
- Access to our telephone help line.
- Invitation to our Facebook Resource Page.
To develop an understanding of what therapeutic foster care fundamentals involve and how to implement them in a home environment.
To offer specialist training in a variety of areas including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Developmental Trauma and Brain Spotting to underpin knowledge.
- Advanced Communication Skills in relation to Developmental Trauma
- Advanced Mental Health & ADHD
- Anti-Oppressive Practice LGBT & Equality
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Young People, Self-Harm & Suicide using CBT
- Advanced Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Youth Therapeutic Solution Coaching
- Good Practice / Managing Multiple Priorities
- In Action Play
- Advanced Preparing Young People for Independence